Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thinking of You.

Posted 12-1-06 on another website:

(This is not a poem, but a mental reflection upon my thoughts to Someone very important to me)
You.
That is what I thought of today.
You.
My mind flew around because I had lots of time to think, but always it came back to...
You.
You are my shield when I am assaulted relentlessly.
You are my sword when I attack back.
You are my armor to deflect the blows I miss.
You care for me because You know my heart.
You.
Strangely, I thought You were going to visit tonight.
But I should have know better, because Your entrance would have been more grander.
Thank You for removing me from a life of pain.
Thank You for removing me from a life of abuse.
Thank You for loving me and dying for me.
I know I cannot live without You and I need You on a moment by moment basis.

You know who You are and I will give my life to You.
Amen.

No comments: