Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Enemies

Posted 12-9-06 on another website:

So, we are Enemies? Some of you will be significant enemies, others just "minor" enemies.
So, what makes you an enemy? Is it because of our views?
Or is it because I'm a Christian?

I think it is that.

Let me put it like this, do you love? I mean, do you love yourself, family members, and people? Do you hate injustice? Do you want to see people treated fairly? Do you want to experience life and enjoy it?

So do I.

So what is that different between us? Human complexity and our own selfish desires (no matter who you are, we are all selfish one way or another). Self interests and goals that can only affect us. Desire to be something, no matter what. Craving things that we can never get or if we do, it will be at extreme cost. Wanting it all. And for what purpose? Keeping up with the Joneses? Out doing each other? How about us falling for the ad-man's lies?

We are crushing ourselves. I know I was. I'm not perfect and that sort of life about destroyed me. Actually, it about killed me. Sure, it was fun for awhile, but at what cost? I lost it all and to be open about it, good riddance! Freedom is insanely awesome!

So, what does this have to do with me being a Christian? Being a Christian doesn't mean your life will be better. Most will not see any difference in life. BUT, what you are given is eternal life with a Being that is infinitely humorous, infinitely loving, and infinitely wants to live life with you. No matter what you've done, are doing or will ever do. No matter what, He loves you.

Does being a Christian require you to be perfect? No! You can NEVER be perfect and the other Christians around you aren't perfect either. We are all human and have a sinful nature, so we are bound to make errors, commit sin, etc.

So, why are we enemies?

No comments: