Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Feeding my spirit.

Posted 4-29-07:

Yesterday, I photographed again!
It was another amazing experience! I feel SO good after I take a bunch of pictures. Why? I truly believe I am feeding my spirit, the true essence of what make me a creative man. I have repressed it for SO long, I want to let it out.

So, how often do I take pictures? This month, twice. I could have gone out more often, but the weather wasn't so great (rain), and I had other obligations to attend to. Am I going to take more pictures today, since it is nice outside? Nope. I feel I have to work with the ones I took yesterday before I go any further. I have to see if what I took was good and if my settings were good.
I do know I want to get some filters for my camera and I know where to get a WHOLE bunch of them. My sister's hubby is a professional photographer and is well known and published, i.e. Got Milk? ads. Not some of the recent ones, but he helped start it off in the early days. Anyways, he has a tube full of them and he wants to give them to me.

I got to wondering why he would do that, and it dawned upon me that he Photoshops his images to get the look he wants. It's no difference to me as such things are common. I just want to reduce the work at the computer. I'm good with Photoshop, I just don't want to be in front of this infernal monster...known as a PC. Now, more than ever, I want a Mac because that way, it can be used as a TOOL and not a personal entertainment device.

Have a shwanky day!

No comments: