Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wait.

I am discovering more and more, I am to wait. God wants me to wait and to wait patiently because He will provide.

That line of thinking is so counter to our culture of "hurry-up and wait and get ticked off because they are taking too darn long!!" What happened to "good things come to those who wait"? As so many things that have happened to me (and I see happen to others) the business of our culture seems to suck the life out of you. I know it does, because it almost did me in!

Americans lead busy lives. We think we can pack a billion things into a million spots. There are people out there who claim they can do all these things in one day and it makes others envious because they want to do lots of things in a day. Well, I have news for everyone... And I'm trying to put this lightly... You are not them, they are not you, so what does it matter what they can do?

Every person is unique, period. Sure, there might be similarities between people, but not everyone has the same makeup of genes and DNA. In fact, a person might be from a family and be just like them in everyway, but there will always be something unique that wasn't part of that family gene pool. Case in point: Every member of my family is very analytical and we are good at focusing our energies into our work. But each of us have very different tastes in music, manners and attitudes. So, where does this lead us? You are unique and you are made that way on purpose.

God is in control and He will make a child have similar traits and attributes of the parents, but He also sews in that unique pattern that gives a child "I am me" thoughts. As we all grow older, each person develops or discovers their talents and gifts. Some people can multitask, but not focus on any one thing very well. While others can concentrate on a subject and complete it with excellent results, but can't stand and breathe at the same time. These are generalizations, and I hope you get my point. So instead of doing what the Joneses are doing, why don't you do what you like to do?

Back to the topic: Waiting. I am to wait for everything. Wait for a job. Wait for His command to point me in the direction He wants me to go. Wait for Him to decide what is to become of my life. Wait. Why? He wants to teach me patience.

Normally, I am a very patient guy. To some, almost too patient. It seems the Lord wants to stretch it out more. You know, I love Him, but some times I can stand it when He does this. I love to advance through things, move forward, "take the next hill" type of guy, but this period of "nothingness" or "blah" is such a let down! It really questions your own abilities and can undermine your confidence. But still I must wait. I feel like a seven year old on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa!

-Lord, I want to give you praise for my small group leader's victory in court over custody of his children. You were that judge and the holy spirit really did speak through Louis' voice. That was your court that day and there was nothing that would change the situation. You were in control. Father, I pray for Louis' family needs and I hope they are provided for. He is Your son and I know You love him, help him Lord!
-I pray Lord for patience and peace. I am a griper and a complainer, and I hope to loose those "features" soon. I know life isn't perfect and there will always be something that will cause friction in my life. I just pray for patience because I know, and have to constantly remind myself, You are in control. My life is Yours, I have written it here, I have written it elsewhere, and I have etched it into my heart "I am YOURS." I want You, crave You, desire You, and NEED YOU! You are important to me and I hate, and I mean hate, the busyness of my days. Help me build margin into this life so I can live life for You. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: