Friday, February 24, 2006

Psalm Dated 2-24-06

Am I doing what You want me to do?
Should I be doing something else?
My heart screams out in utter confusion
I die minute by minute because of my loss
Of the time I spent with You enveloped
In the middle of Your holy arms protected
From the mad thrashings of the Devil
As he hates his loss of my downfall.
You protected me from so much more
Than I can ever see or dream.
You were there, covering my core
From my own self-centeredness, from my selfishness
From my own darkness.
YOU are the light that blots out the pain in my soul
And You hold on to me so tightly and have never let go.
I am Yours.
My heart is Yours.
I belong to no other
For I know there can be no better
Way to live life as a man under your care.
Who knows my heart and its ways?
Who can see the future and plot a path
That is so perfect and so good
I shouldn't loose my way.

I love You Lord! I try to put You first in what I do.
I need You and Your guidance
Towards a life You want me to enjoy
For You put us on this earth to love You
Our neighbors and ourselves.
You put us on this earth to help the ones
Who suffer needlessly under the yoke of dictators,
Despots, and cheaters.
Much suffering can be removed if we
Lost the greed that prevails many lives.
Much suffering can be removed if we
Just cared.

Lord, I want to be able to speak to anyone on this world
To show them the way of Your holy Word
They need to know Your love for them
And Your desire a relationship that isn't a religion
You want our hearts and I hope many will give
To be in Your light and truly live!

No comments: