Saturday, January 28, 2006

Today is....

My birthday! I have decided to give it to the Lord today. I helped a friend move some things and I will be taking photographs for my church. I want to give my birthday to Him, because He has given me so much.
I also want to give praise to the Lord for answering my small group's prayer for two members. They will be marrying each other soon and will be combining two families into a new house, but they had to sell their own homes too. Today, hopefully, the last home has an offer! This is great when the Lord helps because He helped them at the last minute! He is so awesome and so good!

I struggle many times with giving control to the Lord. I know I need to if He is going to work in my life. So I say this a lot, "My life is in His hands." I know I have been a bad manager of my life and I constantly rely on my own judgment, when I should give it up to Him. I also have ignored Him too because, in a childish way, I thought His decision wasn't fun.

The Lord knows how I tick, so I trust in Him that He will turn my thinking around on what is fun or isn't fun into always being fun. Wouldn't it be a trip to constantly think of everything as being enjoyable? I would never be bored!

-Dear Lord, I give thanks for answering the small group's prayer about Tammy and Brad. You have answered their needs and I pray they are successful in selling the final home. I also give thanks Lord for my Mother and her visit this weekend. I pray she is able to visit everyone she was wanting to visit and her travel is free of injury. Lord, I continue to pray for Your strength to overcome the these mental blocks that are in my head that slow or stop the flow of Your wisdom, insight and love. I need You on a moment by moment basis and I know that without You, I will not be able to do anything. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: