Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Psalm Undated

Lord, I have fallen and You picked me up.
Yet, I fell again- swimming in despair and self-pitty, not trying to get out of my hole.
I felt rage, anger, hatred, fear, exhaustion.
Still, You tenderly talked to me and held my hand as I collapsed into destruction and depression.
Not once did You leave me as I struggled with my pain.
Then, at a perfect time, You tell me to have faith.
"Why?" I ask.
You say, "Because, you give faith to others. You build them up to worship the Father. You encourage the weak, you test the strong and you, through the Lord's gifts, help others see the light. The Father has given you the power to encourage others and to bring glory to the Lord. What you experience and how you go through it are perfect examples of the Father's love for you."
I said, "Please forgive me! I am not worthy of the dust that lies at Your feet! And yet, dear Lord, You've given me this gift? I am humbled... Please, use me as Your will desires!"
The Father restored me to faith and I honor Him for His love and perfect teaching.

No comments: