Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The first one.

Well, this is it.
The first of hopefully many posts. I have a penchant to write a lot and I seem to think better with a keyboard.
About this blog. I am a Follower of Christ. Some would say a Christian, but I feel that term has been used and abused so much in the last two thousand years. People hate it, their lips curl at it, and at once, I am judged to be someone or something different than I really am.

So, what do you think I am? A Christian or a Follower of Christ? Will you prejudge me before you know me? Will you be a hypocrite who accuses me of being a judgmental, imperfect, selfish, self-centered, prideful, arrogant man? Well, I have an answer to your accusations; I am imperfect, I can be selfish, self-centered, I can be arrogant and prideful and, yes (big shocker) I have been judgmental. I am, after all, a human being, prone to failure and crushing defeat, but I have faith in the One who is perfect in all ways that He will move me to change those traits.

To me, He is perfectly selfless, perfectly other-centered, humble and isn't judgmental, but does have the authority to judge us. His name is Jesus, Son of the Living God, and He is love, pure and simple. Welcome to my blog if you can stand reading about a Follower of Christ or Christian.

What will you see here? My journals to the Lord. Also, I will try to post what I feel/think I hear during my quiet time with Him. I won't post everything. Sometimes, what I feel is very personal and only He should know what is going on.

Finally, I will post psalms. Some will be good, others will not be so good. You can decide.

No comments: