Friday, January 27, 2006

Dreams

Today, I had a strange dream. I was in some part of the world that looked like parts of Wyoming or Western South Dakota; very few trees, white rock sticking out of the ground in places, green grass, and very hilly. Almost like an old Disney animal documentary.
Parts of the dream were in an old log cabin, with two great big sheep with horns. We seemed to be enjoying ourselves and everything was going well, until the ram showed up.
One sheep and me were walking towards the cabin, just about to go into the door when this ram, which was much smaller, tried several times to butt his horns into the sheep's rear. But the sheep always gets away from him just in time. While this is happening, I am completely ignored. After awhile, the ram turns away and the sheep then tries to butt him back, but I didn't see contact because I saw some bears in the distance.
Next thing I see, the sheep is next to me and I decide to start petting and scratching his ears and noticing it acting just like a dog. I also notice the outline of a sewing seam just around the head and eyes of the sheep (quite obvious, since it had a back comfort strip sewn in too). There was wool in the dark eyes of the creature and feet were not like hooves, but were great big paws. Confused, I stop petting and it leaves to go back to the cabin. The ram was still nearby, just looking at me, not doing anything. Then I look behind me and see a great big gray and brown bear, waiting for me, but not really doing anything dangerous either. He/she was just scratching and licking itself, but stopped as soon as I looked. I decide get up and run, but my alarm goes off.

God uses dreams to warn you of something. He uses dreams to help you warn others of things. Joseph, while jailed in Egypt, was called upon by Pharaoh to explain a dream he had. Because of God's gift to Joseph of wisdom and how to interpret dreams, he told Pharaoh what the dream was about. Then there was Daniel, while in Babylon, and with the help of the Lord, was able to interpret dreams of the king (one of which, he wasn't told what the dream was and had to explain it) and had his own dreams about the future. Or the Apostle John, which many people don't realize, wrote the book of Revelation from a dream or sets of dreams.
When you get a dream that is very vivid, has color (which some people claim dreams are black and white), and is symbolic beyond comprehension, it could be from God. I would recommend praying about if you are not sure what is was or where it came from.
-Lord, You defy comprehension. You can confuse me to death and I know I will never fully understand how You work. At best, I can only summarize Your infinite complexity, but I know it will never fully do You justice. Because I know, You don't like to be placed in boxes, i.e. God will do that or God will do this. You always do something different and unique everytime!
-Thank You Lord for the dreams I have been given. You warned me that my life will change dramatically once I came back to You. In that dream I was told that I would be leaving the confines of a comfortable home and life, for the bleak and black, crumbling world to serve You. You've explained to me how You protected me during my unfortunate marriage, stopping the painful knives of lies and abuse from piercing me. You also have shown I am running faster in the race of life to get closer to You advancing from one pack to another. Lord, help me understand this latest dream, and if it has come from You. I pray for wisdom and insight from You in this matter and I look forward to another wonderful day with You as my Lord and King. I give praise for Your awesome healing power with baby Sedona and I pray she will give You glory as she is raised under Your watchful eye. Please bless me and expand my territory, take my hand and guide me along Your path. Pull me away from evil and laziness and help me not to cause pain to those I love and to others. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: