Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Have Been deceived

He lies. He lies. He LIES!
Satan, that prideful, arrogant... he has mentioned this to me, or one of his cronies: If you aren't good, God will take away His love.
Bull. I have read that the Lord's "love is like SuperGlue, once it's given to you, it will never be taken away! And only He can decide when and what I do with His love!"
Imagine that, no matter how rotten a person becomes, God will still love you and forgive you. We just have to remember that our actions will have consequences.

Proverbs 26
This chapter about wisdom seems to be focused on fools and lazy people. I can identify with that. I sit on the Stool of Fools a lot. I also think my name is carved on the seat, because I do sit and stay there a lot. As for being lazy, yes, I have been and I still am. Do I fight it? Yes. Am I successful, I am not sure.
One proverb, 26:7 "A proverb quoted by fools is limp as a wet noodle" (MSG)
Well, I hope you like wet noodles, cause I have many of them.
Lord, I am frustrated at my lack of energy, motivation, desire, and at times heart, when it comes to just living. Please, knock over those blocks in my heart/mind that have affected me so. I desire to be out of this desert You (or I have put myself in) I am in. Please, bless me this day and expand my territory, take my hand and hold it strong to Your path. Keep my away from the Evil One and help me not to cause pain to those I love and to total strangers. In Jesus name, Amen.
Ah, but I am not done!
Romans 9
I realize that many Christians have missed the point. Life isn't about lists of what a person can do or not do. Life is about loving God and letting Him take control of our seemingly out of control lives. So, I try as best as I can to give up control of my life to the Lord and let His plan and desires flow through me to help others.
Many of you don't know this, but I go with a church group, every couple of months, to feed homeless people in the Kansas City area. I have seen very disturbing things and I have seen the Lord's love through each of these visits. He has always protected us and given us blessings for what we do EVERYTIME! We always have enough food to feed hundreds of people. It happens everytime.
So, back to Romans 9. The early Jews didn't see what the Lord was doing because they were focused trying to do what God wanted, instead of them trusting God. The Paul said of Isaiah, "Careful! I've put a huge stone on the road to Mount Zion (Israel), a stone you can't get around. But the stone is ME! If you're looking for Me, you'll find Me on the way, not in the way." (Rom 9: 32-33 MSG)
Lord, I hope, I really hope I have been putting You first and trusting YOU to do what You want in my life. I know that all of creation is Yours and I am just one of Your creations. I also know, life isn't about me, it is about You and giving You glory. Lord, let my life, this life You've given, be glorious to You. Let me be a shining light to others is this dark and lonely world. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: