Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Friends not servants.

Jesus told his disciples, "You are my friends...because servants don't understand what their master is thinking." John 15:13-14 (MSG)

I want the Lord as my friend. I want Him to be my best buddy, best friend, best everything. I so desire that relationship. No human will ever fill the void I have in my heart and soul, but He can. I also want to learn things that have eternal consquences. I pray for His guidance in this matter. Because life is so short, but with Him, it will be eternal, so not learn something that will be used forever? That would be a wise thing to do.

But to see Jesus say, "You are my friends..." takes my breath. Jesus wants me to be His friend. He wants to be your friend. I just want to throw myself on the ground and let it all loose. He lowers Himself so much to meet us and to be with us. Jesus, I want YOU!

I also want to be on His vine and produce great quantities of grapes! In John 15:1-8, He tells us He is the Vine and we are the branches that produce grapes and the Father is the Farmer. He will prune the branches, removing the dead ones and straightning up the living ones, cutting off that doesn't need to be there. His work will ensure a good crop! I have survived one pruning, and it was a big clean up job! I feel like the one and only plant I have in my aparment. My bamboo! Once in awhile, I will clean it up by pruning the leaves.

- My Lord, I know I don't see what you're doing now, but I do see what you did after several months had passed. I am greatful for the pruning you did in my life and I pray for the strength to survive the next one. I also pray to learn and experience eternal things that can be used while I am with You. Lord I love You and desire that relationship that I can never find with another person. I choose You, just like You choose me and the other 12! In You name I pray, Amen.

No comments: