Monday, March 20, 2006

Fisher of People.

What am I to the Lord? Do I have value? Am I hear to do something else besides my own life?

The last two questions I would answer Yes to. The first's answer is: A fisher of people. I am a fisher. What was Jesus really talking about? He wants us to help others hear the Good News, the Massiah has come, died for our sins and is now living in heaven with the Lord at His right side.

We are selfish, when it comes down to it, in our choice to become a Christian. But only yourself can choose to become a Christian. I can't decide for you and neither can anyone else you know. Only you can save yourself. Of that, I have been attacked by someone very close to me, as being selfish for what I did and I should have taken them with me. Salvation is a gift given to one person when it is presented. Granted, hundreds might see the salvation, and each can accept it then, but it is presented as if it is only to that individual person. Am I making sense? God custom taylors grace on a per individual basis. That day I accepted Christ back into my life, it was custom made just for me and no one else. And that is how God will do it for you.

-Lord, my heart is heavy with sorrow. Personal and external. I pray for those who are down, crushed and have hearts that are full of pain and sorrow! Lord, bless them with what is needed to succeed and to remove what is causing the problem. Help them see Your awesome love! I pray for my own sorrow. My hands are tied and I'm unable to affect it. So, Father, I give it up to You, because I know You can fix it or help them fix it. I seek comfort or peace for those in so much pain and there is nothing I can do to help, but be there for them. Help me be there for them Lord! In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: