Monday, February 27, 2006

Keeping my promise.

Yesterday, I got a call from my sister and she was needing additional help on her home. I told her I would help this Tuesday and Wednesday.

Today, I got a call from a company I was interviewing with for the past few weeks and they want to see me tomorrow. It wouldn't be so bad, but my sister's new home is an hour away from my apartment and this company is about 35 minutes from me. That is bad, because the gas expense would be too much. I own a truck that consumes buckets of gas a minute, so my concern is justified (hey, God uses it to help people and I am more than happy to do so).

To me, I want to keep my promises! Integrity is VERY important to me. In the past, I had no integrity and dirt had more value than my promises. So I told the company I would call them back because I had made a promise to my sister.

They were very understanding and I hope they see that is a good quality in me. But, I didn't have to worry because my sister was OK with it and the company will see me tomorrow! *Glee!*

No comments: