Sunday, October 15, 2006

The struggle.

Many are the ones who have come to know God, but only a few will truly take the time to know Him. It isn't about religion and anyone who says that it is full of crap. God wants a one-on-one relationship with you. Not with the "thees" and "thous" and the "have nots" and "can nots" of your life. Those are barriers between Him and you.

A true relationship. How complex is that? It's not, when you think about it. It's open, free and you can be absolutely yourself. Anything else is a hurdle you will have to leap over in the future. I mean, why believe you have to do good things to get into heaven when it really is how well of a relationship you have with the One who created you? I mean, the moment I do something bad- and we all have done something bad- and if you say you haven't, then you're lying :) which is something bad! Anyways, when you do something bad, you can't get into heaven. Because heaven is perfect. Nothing bad is allowed there. But, having a relationship with the Lord means He lets His friends live with Him. I am not sure how much more simpler I can put it.

Does having a relationship with God mean that life will be better? Not really. Some will see no difference, others will experience a much improved life over existing circumstances and some will appear to have a far worse life. I am an example of someone having a "worse" life, but I feel it is much better and more enjoyable! Life can be boring, if we get too comfortable. God knows that happens, so He routinely "shakes" me up once in awhile.

I used to "boo-hoo" my life, now I don't. I just say, I was a horrible person and the Lord wanted me and corrected me.

No comments: