Friday, September 01, 2006

Another Idol.

This is to the Lord:
My Lord, who reigns in Heaven, the Universe, and on Earth, I confess to You: I haven't put Your ways first in my life. There is an idol that I worship and continue to worship and I don't know how to hand it over to you. This idol prevents me from getting closer to you and experiencing the true love and direction you want me to go. And the name of this idol is food.

I worship it, I crave it, I desire it. My Lord it has gotten me into so much trouble, pain and headache. It my kriptonite.

How do You want me to hand this off? To give it to You? You are my Master and I am Your bond servant and I trust in You to know how to handle it. I also trust in You on what is needed to solve it. You are God and I am not. You are God and I am NOT. YOU ARE GOD and i am not.

The idol is Yours and I pray for Your help on how to destory it. Amen

No comments: