Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Control

He is in control. God is in control. But why does it seem like everything is out of control? This is a hard question, and I hope to give as good of an answer as I can.

First, read my post on Godly Love and understand how "free will" affects many things in this world. Generally, I feel, God will not interfere with free will, but will try to influence decisions that could affect His plan for someone or something or the bigger plan for the whole world. Sometimes, as is the case with Pharaoh from the book of Exodus, God will actively want something done to affect a change He wants. When you get down to it, that is enormous power and control!

But, why does it seem like everything is out of control?

Well, the Earth orbits an irritated Sun and it's distance rarely changes. Science does know that if the Earth's orbit moves any more closer to the Sun (other than the normal wobbles we currently experience) all life on earth will end. If it moves too far out, all life will freeze to death. Many people feel that gravity is keeping us orbiting the Sun. But why doesn't the Earth move closer to the Sun? I mean, astronomy observers are constantly seeing stars capturing other stars and absorbing them or black holes pulling in other stars. To me, God is in control.

Plus, if you haven't noticed, God loves wild and dangerous environments. In our solar system alone, we have extremely hot planets to cold and frigid black orbs. Then there are the gas giants, with Jupiter's red spot storm that is larger than 20 Earths. What about those colliding stars or super novae? Or look at the wildness of our own Earth?

So back to the question, is God in control? Of course! We just have understand that. And the great thing is, He will never give us anything that we can't handle. I know, because I have experienced His compassionate love and help when I was at the end of my wits one period in my life. And literally, the solution was there before I had a chance to even think about failure. To me, I see that God is in control and He is far more active that you can ever imagine. Does that mean I never experience lack of faith or doubt? As I have said in the past, I am not perfect and those are two things I am not. Why? Because some things really test your faith and courage.

So, why does God test you? He wants you to have genuine, open, honest, love for Him. If you really love Him, then you might experience a life full of trouble. Or, if you have a life of trouble, He could make it stop and peace will be in your heart. Anything is possible with Him, because He knows all that is happening.

Well, if He is in control of everything and is a loving and compassionate God, why did that earthquake and tsunami occur in the Indian Sea?
My answer to that is this, I am not completely sure why. God is God and His ways are mysterious. I can say something, but I don't truly know.
I can tell you the outcome:
  • It allowed people of faith to visit areas of the world that were previously closed to them.
  • It offered people the ability to help those in need.
  • To many, it gave hope of a brighter future, because so much help was given.
  • To others, it angered them, because not enough help was given or they have yet to receive any help at all because their government doesn't trust anyone.
  • I have heard stories of amazing faith in action that saved hundreds of lives.
  • Orphans have been adopted into other countries, possibly giving those children better lives.
More things happened in that region than we can ever fully comprehend. But through it all, God was in control.

No comments: